The DWP Work Program, Me and Tomorrows People

At a request, here's what happened to me in September 2011:

I was put on to the 'Work Program' by the DWP, as I was 'unemployed due to my Disability's' and my health was not good.

Work Program refuses to acknowledge people's disabilities so there are no 'reasonable adjustments' made, no consideration of what clients are capable of doing when looking at job roles or 'voluntary' work, and you're treat like a scrounger as soon as you walk through the door. 

That's even before you take into consideration the fact that according to the Work Program there are no economic problems and everyone is able to find work through there scheme - total denial of the problems don't make them go away, it means they treat all clients as 'dole scum' and offer no support to help us back into work.

I attended a Work Program provider 'Tomorrows People' (I think you've heard of them by now, and yes it was the SAME office in Bristol, that were providing people for the Royal Pageant).

I was there for less than a day, in fact, I was there for less than and hour - before I HAD TO LEAVE for the sake of my health - why? it was because my disabilities (three forms of Epilepsy and Aspergers) were ignored by staff, and I was told by them that I'd lose my benefits if I was "unwilling" to apply for jobs I was unable to do, or if I was unable to participate in their training classes, and other things that they offered. 

Fact: No allowances were made for my disability's by TOMORROWS PEOPLE in Bristol - at all, therefore I was put at risk. 

I was also insulted, bullied and ignored by their staff and the Manager, because of my disabilities - and whilst in their office, I overheard their 'Work Program' staff members mocking other disabled clients!

I've never known a place to treat people with such disrespect! 

I'd actually go so far as to say that the Work Program is WORSE than ATOS, and all it's Work program providers, treat people with disability's badly!  

WARNING!

The next time I'm treated badly by a DWP Work Program provider, I'll be heading to the nearest Police Station and reporting the staff member and the organisation for...

'indirect disability discrimination' and other organisations will also be briefed on the situation.

YOU'VE BEEN WARNED.

Comments